February 12, 2012 in Food
1 hour and 10 minutes (low complexity)
• 280 g flour
• 4 tablespoons sugar
• 25 g butter, cold and cut in pieces
• 125 gr cream cheese
• 3-4 tablespoons very cold water
• 2 cans (about 400 grams each) cherries in syrup, drained or frozen cherries
• 2 tablespoons starch
• a few drops of almond extract
• 1 beaten egg white
1. Mix flour with 2 tablespoons sugar. Add the butter and stir the butter with the flour rubbing it in your hands. Add the cream cheese, stir and then add the water, 1 teaspoon at a time until it becomes even. Set the dough in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix cherries, starch and almond essence.
3. Grease a round tart pan with little olive oil. Split the dough in half and stretch one half with a roller, until you get a thin layer and add it in the pan .Add the cherry mixture on top. Stretch the second half of dough, make little hearts with a heart shape and set them on top of the cherry mixture. Brush them with a beaten egg white and sprinkle some sugar powder on top.
4. Preheat oven to 220 ° C. Bake the pie for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat oven temperature to 180 ° C . Bake the pie for another 35-40 minutes.
I had some dough left from this pie and I’ve made some mini-pies in muffin shapes with multi-fruit(peach, orange, strawberry) filling and a little heart on top. I liked these even more