This recipe is not meant to be done by people with full time jobs!haha It’s a joke..but really it takes so much time doing it, so you should schedule your time accordingly.
1. First you should make the French type of crepes, I think everyone knows how, but in case not here is how to do them:
- 2 eggs
- 0.5l milk
- a pinch of salt
- a teaspoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of oil
Beat the eggs, add the milk, salt, sugar. Add as much flour till the composition is something between milkshake and pudding, haha :)) I don’t know how to describe it better, and I never measure the quantities. Then add the oil. Mix all these. Let the mixture stay for 30min. After that add a ladle of mixture, on a hot pan with a teaspoon of oil. Fry on both sides. Make as many crepes as you like, I usually don’t make from all the batter, just as much as we eat, and leave the mixture for the next day at the fridge.
2. Prepare the filling mixture from green leaves, salt and pepper. By green leaves I mean everything that you can find at that time, or that you have from: spinach, nettle leaves, green onion(only the green part), dill leaves, parsley leaves, wild garlic. Actually I had all of these even the wild garlic, that only grows in the forest, I bought it from the local market from the people that harvest it from the forest, it is very good, it has a taste of garlic but not as intense, and it’s much more well tolerated by our body than the garlic(some have problem with the garlic…I do). I like very much the nettle, it gives a raw taste :D, but you need to use rubber gloves to handle them. First you need to wash all these leaves at least 2 times in water, actually this is the part that takes a lot of time! Drain them, then cut them all in small pieces and add salt. After 15 min you have to press them in your hands to get the liquid out, they have to get drier. Add more salt if needed and pepper.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of green leaves in the middle of a crepes. Pack the crepes, from all sides making a square like in the picture below.
4. Make breaded crepes, like the breaded chicken for eg., just you skip the part with the flour. Just tumble them in the beaten eggs(with a pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon sugar – to make it more tasty and crunchy), then through the breadcrumbs, carefully so that the filling doesn’t fall out from the crepes.
5. Fry the breaded crepes in frying pan on high heat, with lots of oil, on both sides, until they become crunchy.
They are delicious and make a good meal with yogurt for eg. We didn’t have yogurt and I prepared apple with grapefruit and honey juice . The presentation of the crepes has been made in vintage Royal Bonn (Franz Anton Mehlem) Floral Bowl 1885-1920