I don’t usually cook meatballs for the simple fact that for me, these are the resemblance of every forbidden culinary habit, but I’m talking about the usual fat minced pork and the deep fried ones. These days I discovered these simple and healthy, low fat meatballs, baked in the oven, perfect for my diet, that I’d like to share with you.
First let’s see the ingredients:
• 0.5 pounds(200 g) fresh salmon fillet
• 2 tbs whole grain flour(I used oatmeal flour)
• 2 beaten small eggs
• 2 green onions cut in small pieces
• 1 bunch of parsley finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
..and the additional ingredients:
• breadcrumbs for tumbling the meatballs
• a small amount of oil for greasing the baking paper surface
Boil quinoa in 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Set aside and let it partially cool. Cut the salmon fillet in small pieces, mix with the rest of ingredients.
Form meatballs from this mixture, I’ve made them flat so they bake evenly, but if you like to deep fry them you can make them round as well. Tumble the meatballs through breadcrumbs and cook in the oven, on a baking paper previously greased with 1-2 tbs of olive oil, at 356 F (180 C) for 30 minutes.
Turn them over after 15 minutes so they cook evenly..
I served them with the traditional mashed potatoes and tomato sauce, but these can be also served with many other dishes. I hope you, guys, will enjoy this great meal! Kisses!!